Fire extinguisher maintenance is important for several reasons:
• It ensures that the fire extinguisher is operable and effective at all times. A poorly maintained fire extinguisher may not work when you need it most, or it may malfunction and cause injuries or damage.
• It extends the lifespan of the fire extinguisher. A well-maintained fire extinguisher can last for many years and save you money on replacement costs.
• It complies with the legal requirements and standards. Fire extinguisher maintenance is regulated by various laws and codes, such as NFPA 10 in the US and BS 5306-3 in the UK. Failing to maintain your fire extinguishers may result in fines, penalties, or legal liabilities.
PHASES, FREQUENCY AND RELATIVE STANDARDS OF THE MAINTENANCE
Fire extinguisher maintenance includes inspection, testing and servicing of the fire extinguishers according to the manufacturer’s instructions and the relative standards.
Fire extinguisher maintenance should be done according to the manufacturer’s instructions and the relevant standards and guidelines. The frequency of maintenance depends on the type of fire extinguisher, but generally it should be done as follows:
• Inspection: At least once a month by the responsible person
• Testing: At least once a year by a qualified technician
• Servicing: Depending on the type of fire extinguisher, every 5 to 12 years by a qualified technician
DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT?
Don’t wait to contact us now by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org! Our experts are at your complete disposal to guide you in choosing the most suitable product for your fire-fighting needs.